Skip to main content
So Today was deadline day so to speak...  I had a imposed deadline by my employer that by today I either was able to meet company standard policies which were to be able to count a drawer correctly, maintain high customer service attitudes, and be a team player... well It was decided that as hard as I tried i just couldn't match the standards set. I was repeatitly missing counting my drawer even though I would think I was at the total I needed to be at I was off usually by .5 cents 6 cents you get the idea.. I just couldn't ever get that drawer to be right. 
 I was also having some issues with customers. Not major ones mind you but mini ones. for example when I would ask for a customers membership number sometimes I wouldn't catch all of it because they weren't looking at me and I wouldn't be able to hear them so I would politely at least I thought politely ask them to repeat it..  One customer even said "why should I repeat it" you should have heard it the first time."  I just was having difficulty handling the rudeness of the customers..
  SO I met with my supervisor and the head supervisor and was read yet another lengthly warning and at the end of it I just thought to myself rather than continuing to beat myself sensenless and increase my stress and basically prove the theory of your not insane when you keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result. (Well the reason that statement is true is because if you keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result to come up YOU GOTTA BE INSANE).. so we talked for  a good half hour and at the end I said that I really did enjoy working there but with the stresses of the high expectations and the holidays looming and not being able to match what they were looking for.. that it would be beneficial to both of us that we end our relationship and part ways. 
 So they told me that they would be glad to give me a recommendation .. so in a way we ended it on good terms so thats a good thing... so now onto job #2 I have some applications in at the Gap, and at  the hospital and  I have a meeting set with my job coach tomorrow so we just have to start over again.. but i am hopefull

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sooo an important thing I learned today,  which is to just to the best I can and not to let the instructors or anyone else get me down and discouraged about my abilities as an umpire.  I quickly realized once I got down here at school that I didn't posses the physical abilities to be a big league umpire, and thats okay because I am doing the best that I can, and in the end I am okay with that fact.   I mean I know I will never be on a big league field as an umpire but I am okay with being on high school fields and maybe one day if the challenge arrises  I can be on a college field, but I will never stop learning, trying, expanding my knowledge of the game, my love of the game or my passion for the game.

A New Hall of Fame Class

As a young kid growing up I grew up on the heroes of the game, Ruth, Dimaggio, Mantle, Williams etc.  As I continued to grow up and watch the game of baseball grow and mature like I did, I was always excited to see what new legends were going to get to be immortalized into the Baseball Hall of Fame.   I've been lucky enough to visit the Hall of Fame on multiple occasions including as a kid with my dad, as a member of my high school baseball team on two occasions.   To now watch as more players that I grew up watching in the late 80's 90's and early 2000's it just reminds me of how wonderful this game truly and really is. I'll end this quick post with one of my favorite quotes from my favorite movie, Field of Dreams, "

RIP TIGEY

So for those of you that read this I chose to put my cat of 17 years to sleep today. She had been getting weaker and weaker and two nights ago she lost control of her hind paws and has spend the past two days/nights just sleeping her breathing becoming more shallow but never fully stopping.  I went to work today at 6:30 and came home around 12:30 and like usual she looked up at me using all her strength that she still had gave me a lil tigey smile and purred to aknowledge that I was with her. So we left at 12:30 to go to the vet and usually tigey HATES cars and car rides but today she just laid in my lap and slept.. at around 1:00 the vet came in and administered the shot and she winced a lil bit but in about 10 seconds her heart had stopped and she was gone.  I can still recall many of the details of when I first met tigey i was playing super bases loaded in our other room when my dad called upstairs saying he had a surprise for me. I came downstairs was told to close my eyes and when...