Skip to main content

Camp Has Begun

Sooo where do I start.. So Umpiring Camp has officially begun with registration earlier this morning.  Well the interesting and anxiety filled part of my morning was that they couldn't FIND me in the system.
 So I spend about 2 hours waiting, talking with my dad, and the other instructors who were finally able to get me registered and all set up and ready to go.
 At the end of the registration I finally got to meet some of the instructors including the head of the school Hunter Wendelstedt himself.
 I am soo excited for the Opening Banquet and to start up with instruction tomorrow morning !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sooo an important thing I learned today,  which is to just to the best I can and not to let the instructors or anyone else get me down and discouraged about my abilities as an umpire.  I quickly realized once I got down here at school that I didn't posses the physical abilities to be a big league umpire, and thats okay because I am doing the best that I can, and in the end I am okay with that fact.   I mean I know I will never be on a big league field as an umpire but I am okay with being on high school fields and maybe one day if the challenge arrises  I can be on a college field, but I will never stop learning, trying, expanding my knowledge of the game, my love of the game or my passion for the game.

A New Hall of Fame Class

As a young kid growing up I grew up on the heroes of the game, Ruth, Dimaggio, Mantle, Williams etc.  As I continued to grow up and watch the game of baseball grow and mature like I did, I was always excited to see what new legends were going to get to be immortalized into the Baseball Hall of Fame.   I've been lucky enough to visit the Hall of Fame on multiple occasions including as a kid with my dad, as a member of my high school baseball team on two occasions.   To now watch as more players that I grew up watching in the late 80's 90's and early 2000's it just reminds me of how wonderful this game truly and really is. I'll end this quick post with one of my favorite quotes from my favorite movie, Field of Dreams, "
So I didn't get the job at the gap and I am now moving onto seeing if I can find another job with a few upcoming job fairs. Other than that nothing much has been going on beside working on trying to find a job and working out and helping my parents with some random things around the house from running errands to helping my mom with her powerpoint presentation which I will be playing tech geek to this wednesday as she has a book signing as well as a mini presentation.  I  have also been helping my dad with scrubbing the house and today we moved onto putting a few coats of primer onto the house in order to start painting in this coming week.   I have continued to meet with my job coach and we are trying to find different jobs that I might have a good fit with and right now we are still finding that part of the job hunt difficult to date.  Other than that nothing much so i will update this later